category

2015년 6월 7일 일요일

Some materials of CALL fit my class, but not all!


I know the CALL can help both teaching and learning. Actually my students have more interest of learning English through the CALL before learning from English books. They are satisfied with some materials, programs, and sites that they can approach easily and achieve their own goals of learning.

There are so many great CALL materials, but I have to choose certain ones that can be customized for my students and my class environment. They prefer ones which help them to be self-motivated learners. In my class, they learn English only three days a week for 50minutes per each day, so they have to study more time at their homes. At the beginning of using CALL, I recommend my students to use some CALL materials at home for assignments, but it didn’t work well. Because they didn’t know the clear and explicit target and vision at which they are aiming of learning. At the time, I was under the delusion that all CALL materials are the key to self-directed, self-motivated learning. I didn’t have certain criteria that define my class goals. Although CALL can help students learn English, all CALL does not mean the student-centered and effective and interactive learning. Teachers have to know the class environment and have the criteria for their own class and students learning situation and they know the clear target of learning through the CALL. 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기